More adults desire to straighten their teeth to improve aesthetics and overall health. And most of them don’t want to have the “metal smile” because of their profession or lifestyle. Thanks to Invisalign – the most innovative and pioneer of clear aligner systems. Teens and adults now have the option to straighten their teeth discreetly with removable, clear trays that gradually move teeth to their ideal positions.
Why Choose Invisalign?
- Discreet: It is metal-free and virtually invisible. People won’t notice you are wearing anything or going through treatment.
- Predicted outcome: You will be able to see the predicted outcome before you even get started with your treatment. It is the best time to discuss your smile goals with your orthodontist to bring you the smile you want.
- Better oral hygiene: Invisalign clear aligners are removable, making it easier to brush and floss teeth than traditional metal braces.
- No food restrictions: You can enjoy your favorite foods and beverages for as long as you remove your trays before eating.
- Faster treatment: With regular aligner changes and proper wear time, your trays move your teeth to their ideal positions efficiently.
- More comfortable: No metal components mean no poking wires and no harsh edges irritating your lips, cheeks, and tongue.
The Invisalign Process
Consultation & Assessment
Your journey to a stunning, healthy smile starts with a consultation with Dr. Mehan or Dr. Johnson. We will do a thorough examination of your teeth and jaws, take digital scans using our state-of-the-art iTero scanner, and discuss your smile goals.
Once your assessment is complete, we will create a customized treatment plan that will map out the precise movements of your teeth and the duration of your treatment. Once you’re happy with your treatment plan and the 3D preview of your treatment outcome, we will schedule your next appointment for your first trays.
Your First Set of Trays
Once your customized trays arrive, we will have to see you in our office to fit in your first trays. In some cases, attachments will also be bonded to your teeth which will help in moving your teeth. We will discuss how often you have to visit our office, how long before you move on to your next trays, and how to take care of your aligners.
The frequency of appointments will vary depending on every case – usually every 6-8 weeks. During periodic checks, we will assess your progress and ensure your teeth are moving to their desired positions.
After your last tray and you’re happy with the outcome, you will have to wear retainers to ensure your teeth stay in their new positions. Vivera retainers are custom-made using state-of-the-art technology similar to Invisalign.
Start your Invisalign journey today! Call our office to schedule your complimentary smile assessment now! We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve the smile you have always wanted!
Invisalign and the Invisalign logo, among others, are trademarks of Align Technology, Inc., and are registered in the U.S. and other countries.