What is Invisalign?
You will have to wear a series of medical-grade, BPA-free, clear trays that will gradually move your teeth to their ideal positions. Invisalign clear aligners are made from SmartTrack material, making them more comfortable and easier to put on and take off.
How often should I wear my clear aligners?
Remember that your clear aligners are only “working” when worn. You need to wear your Invisalign clear aligners for at least 22 hours daily to move your teeth to their desired positions effectively.
Are there any food restrictions while on Invisalign?
You can enjoy your favorite foods and beverages while working on your smile! Just remember to remove your trays before eating to avoid breakage. It also includes drinking fizzy drinks as they can get stuck in your aligners and submerging your teeth in a sugary, acidic liquid that can cause harm to your teeth.
Do I still need to see my general dentist while having Invisalign treatment?
Absolutely! Keeping your teeth and gums healthy while on Invisalign treatment is vital to the success of your treatment. Healthy teeth and gums will respond better to treatment, making it faster to achieve the smile you want!
How do I take care of my aligners?
- Remove your aligners before eating and drinking to prevent breakage.
- Always place your trays in the aligner case to prevent loss or breakage.
- Wash your aligners with running water before wearing them again. Never wash them with hot water to prevent them from deforming.
- Brush and floss your teeth after every meal and before bedtime.
- When not in use, never wrap your aligners with tissue. It is the most common cause of lost aligners.
Invisalign and the Invisalign logo, among others, are trademarks of Align Technology, Inc., and are registered in the U.S. and other countries.